top of page
Dequindre Park was an important venue in Detroit for African American teams in the 1940s. Previously called Linton Field and Cubs Park, it was expanded in the early 1940s to accommodate top local Black semi-pro clubs, who often played visiting Negro League teams. In the early 1940s, Dequindre Park was home to the Motor City Giants, who in 1945, joined the new but short-lived United States League. In 1947, lights were installed for the independent Detroit Wolves. Dequindre Park was demolished sometime between late 1949 and early 1952. The site now contains an abandoned pickle factory and an active produce warehouse.
bottom of page