top of page
Boulevard Park (also called League Park) was an inexpensive wooden ballpark built in 1894 for the minor-league Detroit Creams. In 1895, the Creams became the Detroit Tigers, who abandoned the park to move to the West Side in 1896. In October 1895, the powerful Black team from Adrian, the Page Fence Giants, clobbered a club of White minor-leaguers in two exhibition games here. In 1901, the building that is now the Church of the Messiah was erected on this site.
bottom of page